Date: March 31st, 2021
- Personal Information we are collecting;
- The purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Information;
- The organizations with whom we may disclose your Personal Information and the purpose of such disclosure;
For each collection of your Personal information, we will identify:
- The purpose for collecting that information;
- The legal authority for collecting it; and
- The title and contact information of one of our employees who can answer your questions about the collection.
1. What Personal Information do we collect and under what circumstances do we collect it?
Personal Information means any recorded information about you.
This does not include personal contact information or business information, i.e., information that enables you to be contacted at a place of business, such as your name, position description or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number.
We collect your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- You provide it to us directly; or
- We collect it by using automated means.
Since the PGL platform is designed for business purposes only, any personal information (including personal email addresses) submitted directly to us through the PGL newsletter subscription form, “Contact us” form, live chat function, or project proposal, is considered business contact information.
1.2. Automatically collected information – Cookies and Browsing History
1.2.1 – Analytics
During each of your visits to our Site and Platform, we collect information about your connection and your browsing activity. If you use a personal device to access our site and platform, then personal information associated with the device will be automatically collected. Note the PGL Platform and site is designed for business purposes only therefore any automatically collected information from your device is business information.
Different technologies can be used to collect this data, for example through cookies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile applications by websites that you visit. When we talk about “cookies” we are also talking about technologies similar to cookies, such as scripts, pixels, fingerprinting and redirects. Scripts (sometimes called tags) are programs that run in your browser or mobile application and perform various actions, such as sending information to our servers.
1.2.2 – HotJar
For further details, please see the ‘about Hotjar’ section of Hotjar’s support site.
1.3. Data relating to children
We do not provide services to children and we do not collect personal information of children.
2. For what purposes do we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information?
The PGL platform and site does not collect personal information, however if you provide personal information as your business contact information or in some manner include personal information in your submission through the platform, we will manage it as business information, not personal information.
3. On what legal authority do we collect, use or disclose your Personal Information?
N/A – the PGL platform is for business use only and does not collect, use or disclose personal information.
4. How do we remain accountable and how can you challenge our compliance?
Questions regarding the handling of personal information and accountability can be submitted to the City of Vancouver’s Privacy Office: Privacy@vancouver.ca
5. What happens if we make changes to this Policy?
When/if significant changes are made to this policy, we will provide immediate notification to all registered users via the email address provided when you registered for the site.